Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service implies keeping and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting supplier. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a gaze at them. In that way, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you desire to launch a web page, email box accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some companies, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts frequently involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inappropriate explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between individual hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web space hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is good if you want to share a big number of pictures with mates or associates since the service is generally free. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to handling your e-mail accounts. Some vendors provide website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to create an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to administer as many videos as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to have a website. To some extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mail box accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific content solely.